Thursday, August 8, 2013

New Hair Cuts

Obviously this post was inspired by Beyonce's new do.

Now, I'm the kind of person who resists change (BIG surprise, right?). I like things how I've always like them, and I like to keep them that way. I had essentially the same hair cut since 7th grade: long and straight with layers. I have only changed that twice since then. The first time was when I cut it and donated it to Locks of Love my sophomore year of high school (it was shorter but essentially the same). The second time was near Christmas of 2011. I had graduated from college sixth months earlier, and I was in my "unemployed-living with my parents-depression" phase. I wanted a change, so I went and took my hair that was down to my chest and cut it all the way to well above my shoulders. Needless to say, I hated it. I couldn't believe what I had just done. I was thinking, "You already know what you like, so why did you change it? And men love long hair, and now you've ruined your chances!" and things like that. I wore it in a pony tail (or what was left to fit up in one) for a while trying to deny what I had done. But eventually I learned how to wear it so I liked it: I'd shower and then immediately put a medium hold spray in it so that my hair would stay wavy. That was way easier than when I had it long and was blow-drying it straight (and better for my hair, too!). Now I can say this is the style I prefer: it's professional yet flirty, mature yet youthful, pretty but not fussy.



Sexy bed-head all the time? Hell yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment