Monday, August 5, 2013

Watching TV shows online

If you have cable, I guess this post doesn't apply to you. But for those of us who do not, we must rely on the internet to watch our favorite shows. And some people may be willing to pay for Hulu Plus or a smart TV, but the reason I don't have cable is to save money, so I'm not about to pay for something else.

So instead, I watch my favorite shows on the websites of their networks. The Bachelorette is on ABC.com, America's Next Top Model and Breaking Pointe are on the CW network, and Project Runway is on MyLifetime.com. Though you still have to watch commercials, they are limited, and sometimes if you watch the show during non-peak online hours, you won't have to watch commercials at all!

Perhaps this is something only recent college graduates do. Let's be honest: if I weren't living on a budget, I'd have satellite TV along with HBO, Showtime, and a DVR. But at this point in my life, watching shows on my laptop will just have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment