Wednesday, March 20, 2013

"Have faith in you and the things you do"


"Living life is fun and we've just begun
To get our share of the world's delights
High hopes we have for the future
And our goal's in sight
No we don't get depressed
Here's what we call our golden rule
Have faith in you and the things you do
You won't go wrong
This is our family jewel"

I heard this song on the radio this morning, and it put me in a good mood for the rest of the day. Not only is it a fun disco tune, but it also sends a great message. I guess "We Are Family" could link to my post about my sorority sisters, but that's not the main takeaway I get from this song. The stanza above really speaks to me. It seems to be talking about my stage in life: being a young professional, just beginning to explore the "grown-up" world that is reality. I'm not only enjoying my independence and all that the city has to offer, but my future has really only just begun, with so much in front of me. Now that I have settled into my job that I've had for about a year, the confidence I had in college has come back to me, and I really feel like I am back on track and can accomplish what I set my mind to. I love the work that I'm doing, and I can only hope that over the years to come I can succeed not only as an individual professional, but for my entire office and organization as a whole. Having faith in yourself is crucial to life's happiness and achieving your goals. As long as you believe in yourself and try your hardest in whatever you're doing, then you can't be doing something wrong. It's always right to be doing what you want to do, in that moment, right then and there. If you keep telling yourself that, and have the confidence and faith that this is where you're supposed to be at this point in your life, then you have nowhere to go but forward (and up!).

No comments:

Post a Comment