Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sorority Sisters



I realize this post will not pertain to everyone. However, we all have friends, so I hope all of my readers can relate to something in this post.

Of course I have friends from all periods of my life, but I have the most from college, and specifically from my sorority, Epsilon Kappa Theta. I remember my freshman year thinking, "I'm not going to join a sorority. That's not my scene." Now, I can't imagine life without Theta. When I first joined, I had to warm up to a few things, like dressing up in silly clothes and dealing with a MILLION emails a day from sisters. But soon I looked forward to finding the perfect costume and staying up until 1am on a school night with this fun group of girls. My sorority was my #1 extracurricular activity on campus, and I even represented my house on the college's Panhellenic Council, the umbrella organization for all of the sororities on campus. I was, and still am, proud to call myself a member of the sisterhood, and that is because of the amazing women I met there. There are so many girls who are a part of our house who I do not think I would have met on campus otherwise, and each of them is incredible! I swear my sisters are some of the most beautiful, talented, smart, caring, fun, etc. people I know, and I am so blessed to have them in my life. I was so thankful that when I moved to the city so many of them were here and I already had a network of friends I could plug into. We see each other as a large group every few months, and I hang out with them individually all the time, too. They are women I admire and whom I love spending time with; they are always there for me and are an amazing support system. They bring so much joy to my life, and when I think of what creates my day-to-day happiness, Thetas are right there at the top along with my family, career, and God. Every once in a while, I just think about how lucky I am to know women like them, and I hope they know how much they mean to me. And of course I kinda hope they feel the same way about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment