Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pub Trivia


I have only played pub trivia a couple times in my grown up life, but seeing as I was a nerd in school, trivia is right up my alley, since I've always been one to remember lots of things and know odd facts. Now I can play this fun game AND drink at the same time, which is pretty awesome. My go-to place for trivia right now is the Barking Dog. It's easy to get to, I know the bartender, and my friends like to go, too. The game itself though is hit or miss. Sometimes I feel like my team is on fire but loses to the teams that go every week; other times, like tonight, we're lucky to get two questions right in a round. Of course the history questions are tough, and I'm useless at the music round (unless the theme were country music, which it never is). And may I ask why there is no "Animal Facts" round? Because I would be a rockstar at that (The two mammals that lay eggs? Why, yes, I DO know that!). But, win or lose, it's always fun to get together with friends, catch up in between rounds, and learn a thing or two (ex. Did you know that the dot above the lower case "i" and "j" is called a tiddle?). Even if you don't drink, I encourage you to check out trivia at your local bar: it's a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment